[Libreoffice] PostgreSQL-SDBC in LO: build system help

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Nov 16 14:22:02 PST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 01:08:33PM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

> PostgreSQL native (SDBC) driver for LibreOffice, (...) any
> oppositions to merging it into master

OK, I have something that compiles against master and could be
committed, except it would break the build on machines that don't have
libpq-dev, because postgresql-sdbc is built unconditionally.

I'd like some help from a LO build system "expert" to make
postgresql-sdbc well-behaved in this other and build-related respects:

*** Necessary before pushing to master ***

 - Add an option --enable-ext-postgresql-sdbc, similar to
   --enable-ext-mysql-connector, and if that option is not given don't
   build postgresql-sdbc

*** Can be done after push, but preferably before beta0! ***

 - We probably want to implement --without-system-postgresql case?

 - General review of
   connectivity/source/drivers/postgresql/makefile.mk

 - The .oxt file is created in ${OUTDIR}/lib; that's probably not that
   good a choice. MySQL driver seems to do it ${OUTDIR}/bin, shall
   PostgreSQL driver do the same?

 - The build system currently "just" creates a .oxt file; should
   probably be changed to take into account
   "--with-extension-integration".

The code is at
git://anonscm.alioth.debian.org/users/lmamane/libreoffice/core.git

Do something like:

git remote add pgsql-sdbc git://anonscm.alioth.debian.org/users/lmamane/libreoffice/core.git
git fetch pgsql-sdbc
git checkout -b sdbc-pgsql remotes/pgsql-sdbc/master
git rebase master

And hack away.

Thanks in advance,

--