[Libreoffice] Setting up a non-intrusive build cluster

Marc-André Laverdière marcandre.laverdiere at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 13:15:45 PST 2011

Hello,

I am convincing some powers-that-be that having a build farm would be good,
and they are starting to listen. This would really help me write patches
for LO, as my poor computer is having impossibly long compile cycles.

There is a bunch of somewhat old Linux workstations that could contribute
to it. The concern is mostly that it should be so that the systems should
not accept jobs when users are logged in, as it may interfere with whatever
work it is that they are doing.

The expected candidate is, of course, icecream. So, more pragmatically, is
there any way we could set it up so that the icecream daemon either shuts
down or stops taking jobs when a user logs in, and have it get back to life
when no users are logged in. This would have to include remote logins on
SSH too.

Any suggestions?

Marc-André LAVERDIÈRE
"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete,
not lacking anything." -James 1:4
http://asimplediscipleslife.blogspot.com/
mlaverd.theunixplace.com