[Libreoffice] Registry keys for Windows compilation

Mat M matm at gmx.fr
Sat Nov 19 13:37:25 PST 2011

Le Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:02:56 +0100, julien2412 <serval2412 at yahoo.fr> a
écrit:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to compile on Windows Vista (usually I compile without pb on a
> Debian testing) and had error messages :
> checking the Perl version... checked (perl 5)
> checking for required Perl modules... all modules found
> checking for a friendly Microsoft C/C++ compiler installation path...
> Can't
> find MS Visual Studio / VC++ at ./oowintool line 188.
> cygpath: can't convert empty path
> cygpath: can't convert empty path
>
> checking for mspdb80.dll... no
> checking for mspdb100.dll... no
> checking the Microsoft C/C++ Compiler... checking for cl.exe... no
> cygpath: can't convert empty path
> cygpath: can't convert empty path
> configure: error: Microsoft C/C++ Compiler not found. Use --with-cl-home
> or
> set path to cl.exe.
> Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 157.
>
> I took a look at oowintool, the pb is cygwin doesn't map all the
> /proc/registry.
> For example, there's nothing there :
> /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/VCExpress

If you use Express 2010, the key is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
I don't know for Vista 32, but seven 64 has no shortnames for Program
files paths with spaces (default install), so it is a pity.
Either reinstall Express in a non-spaced dir, or prepare to hack the
autogen/configure/oowintool chain. Providing paths with space event on the
autogen/configure commands does not help, since stuff in there is not set
to handle spaces. I am currently working on it but it is not that simple
and time is very hard to get for now.

> And there's nothing cause permissions aren't ok :
> ls -l /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/
> d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VBExpress
> d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VCExpress
> d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VCSExpress
> But I can't succeed in adding +rx on these directories. When I look at
> authorizations on Windows registry, it's the same as Mediaplayer which
> appears like this on Cygwin :
> dr-x------  3 SYSTEM   SYSTEM 0 Sep  2  2009 MediaPlayer

Weird.

Mathias