[Libreoffice] Registry keys for Windows compilation

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Sat Nov 19 21:00:54 PST 2011

I finally became curious enough to install cygwin (so I can do Windows builds too) and see if there is an easier way to locate the Visual C++ Express Edition (or Visual Studio VC++ compiler).  Yes indeed.

I could get the batch script of my previous example to run under cygwin, but it couldn't change anything in the cygwin bash environment.  So instead, I made a copy of the cygwin.bat script and added "CALL MyVC++.bat" at the beginning.

The bash absorbs the path (rewritten) and environment variables left by my batch script into its environment.

The attached PNG file, if it comes through, demonstrates the result.

The appropriate environment is now set up for the entire run of the build beneath cygwin.

This sort of hack seems like a much-more direct way of hooking up not only to VC++ but also incorporating the environment for an SDK and also the WinDDK ATL headers and libraries.  It all bootstraps off of the environment variables that the Microsoft Developer tools bootstrap off of.

 - Dennis