[Libreoffice] help asked/offered for bug 36555

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Wed Nov 23 03:45:39 PST 2011

>So it does *not* output:
> File STDIN: 5 lines match
No, it did not.
>Then I think you (from your shell) and ./configure use a different grep, and the grep that ./dmake/configure uses behaves differently than expected: configure expects that "grep -c FOO" outputs JUST the number, but the grep it uses outputs:
> File BAR: N lines match

>You can test which grep is being used by inserting in configure:
I did remove all Borland paths from PATH since my last mail, so I cannot compare easily.

>printf '********* grep is: %s\n' "'$(command -v grep)'"
gives /usr/bin/grep (when run from commandline in cygwin)
>printf '********* PATH is: %s\n' "'$PATH'"
gives a lot, but no longer anything with Borland

>Hmm... Do the Borland directories and/or QtCreator include a "grep"?
>That could be it, remove them from PATH; you don't have to do that session-wide, only in the shell that you build LibreOffice from.

I had to rename make.exe and grep in Borland directory (and in Windows/prefetch) before cygwin stopped using it.
I did make clean, now make is running... :)

Winfried