[Libreoffice] SWT window locks LOo

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Nov 30 04:03:09 PST 2011

Hi Othman,

On Wed, 2011-11-30 at 03:27 -0800, othman wrote:
> to come here for LOo experts with deep understanding of LOo code base and
> told myself they will be capable to Support on this difficult issue. But it
> is again disappointment!

	It seems you have an unrealistic expectation of the list. You can
expect support to help you solve your own problem here: this is why you
get friendly replies saying how you can get good stack traces, do
further debugging and so on. If you manage to identify a problem clearly
enough that the fix is obvious; you can prolly also reasonably expect a
fix. We clearly want to improve the product, and no-one has the goal of
having bugs. The problem is, that there are a nearly unbounded number of
bugs, and yours has a single report, is for an uncommon scenario, seems
complicated to reproduce, and is from someone who is clearly a
developer :-)

	If you want people to care deeply about your problem, and invest their
time & effort in debugging your specific issue (which is at some
unpleasant intersection of big, complicated & thus time-consuming to
reproduce technologies: Java + SWT + LibreOffice - then if you are not
capable of doing the hunting yourself - to the point of a well formed
bug report & unit test, then you'll prolly need to incentivise someone
by paying for support. I'd direct you to Lanedo, Canonical, RedHat,
SUSE, and anyone else that can help with that.

	Of course; that is frustrating; I feel your pain. It would be wonderful
if there was a large pool of people eager to help with your specific
problem; but (it seems) there is not.

	Sorry,

		Michael.