[Libreoffice] oox/source/drawingml/customshapepresets.cxx is just too much for gcc

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Oct 6 01:18:24 PDT 2011

The only solutions I see are:

1) Either we should get some really really bad-ass Windows tinderbox,
*and* make it use ccache (i.e. investigate whether kendy's port of an
old ccache version really works correctly, or re-port a current ccache
to support MSVC).

2) Or, we should have our developers mainly work on the "difficult"
platforms, i.e. Windows, and to some extent MacOSX, so that they
notice themselves when code they are writing will cause problems on
these platforms. Only people mainly doing distro packaging would
continue to work on Linux. Obviously "we" (for some value of "us")
can't enforce that on volunteers, only bosses can on their paid
developers ;)

3) Or, we should jump to 4.0 directly, and support only
cross-compilation to Windows. (Yes, that means a lot of work needs to
be done to avoid too many regressions in the form of missing
features.)

Obviously I am not really expecting you to take alternative 2 seriously.

--tml