[Libreoffice] scope of variable reduction, cppcheck-error free build and new bugs

Pierre-André Jacquod pjacquod at alumni.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 6 00:14:00 PDT 2011

Hello,
since I had free time, I have taken over to eliminate the "scope
reduction" warning from cppcheck in order to reduce the noise by checks.

This has been done almost successfully, about 10 such warnings are still
available due to #ifdefn or macros. This also allowed me to reduce other
warnings (like hiding of var) and to find some errors introduced by
recent changes.

Every change has been checked and done "manually", finding also some
false positives (and one false negative). I have tested several clean
build with different options, discovering so some too hard scope
reduction (some #ifdefn masking some if statement). But I guess there
are - sadly - some configurations where I did not notice that I broke
something. (Murphy's Law lurks somewhere near us). So my apologies in
advance.

I will push it during the week-end, once I am finished with rebasing and
after a last clean build.

If some build option is broken, just revert the concerned commit: they
are on purpose small and isolated. The log indicates the top directory
and when possible the file where (the) change(s) has been done.

Regards
Pierre-André