[Libreoffice] oox/source/drawingml/customshapepresets.cxx is just too much for gcc

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:24:27 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Noel Grandin <noel at peralex.com> wrote:
> It seems like Windows builds in particular would benefit from either (a)
> tons and tons of RAM or (b) an SSD.
> Who owns the hardware? Perhaps I (or the company I work for) can contribute
> to the cost of (a) or (b).

It is not clear that that would be enough to bring the windows build
time down to a practical value.
I would be reluctant to just throw money at the problem without any
idea of what would be the impact.

Of course if someone can demonstrate a setup that achieve a
substantial speed-up (we are talking at least x10 compare to now),
then that would be different.
Bear in mind also, that the direction right now is to move to a
mingw-based build, which has build time comparable to linux or
macosx... the problem is that mingw windows build would be ABI
incompatible with the current windows build, so that has to wait for
libreoffice 4.0

And of course donation are most welcome either way:
http://www.documentfoundation.org/contribution/
We will need them to build up a gerrit/jenkins buildbot/testbot
infrastructure :-)

Norbert