[Libreoffice] libreoffice sdk 3.4 and SWT Linux issue

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Oct 10 05:34:34 PDT 2011

Hi Othman,

On Sun, 2011-10-09 at 06:34 -0700, othman wrote:
> I wrote a Java libreoffice addon using netbeans openoffice plugin and
> libreoffice 3.4.this addon launches a SWT window when i click a libreoffice
> toolbar button. this works fine in windows 7 with libreoffice sdk 3.4

	Great :-)

> however for Linux (opensuse 11.4) i face a strange problem . when i close
> the SWT window the whole Libreoffice ( v 3.4)  application freezes and
> becomes unresponsive and i have to kill the libreoffice process each time.

	Hah - so some tangled shutdown ordering problem / deadlock I suppose.

> i checked the trace log in my IDE debugger and no problem is reported. this
> wasn't happening when i was using libreoffice sdk version 3.3 but when i
> upgraded to libreoffice sdk 3.4 for linux this annoying problem happens and
> i have no clue what's wrong.

	Can you attach to the soffice.bin process with gdb, and do a:

	thread apply all backtrace

	and attach the output here ? :-) [ of course if you have debuginfo
packages installed that's really helpful too ].

	Thanks,

		Michael.