[Libreoffice] QA session at LibreOffice conference

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Oct 10 13:15:36 PDT 2011

Hi Cor,

On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 17:44 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Doing some preparations for Paris, I see there is a discrepancy between
> the program on the website and the one in the spreadsheet, that can be
> downloaded.

	Yes - the spreadsheet is more authoritative, Charles has a yet more
authoritative version that got printed into a program - but I've not
seen that sadly.

> The website mentions Michael to do the QA session on Friday morning.
> The spreadsheet mentions me.

	Looks like you're in charge :-) and/or you had a great list of
questions.

> It's not that I feel not capable to hold a talk/session. However, I have
> not prepared anything and have hardly been able to do any QA work for
> the past 5+ weeks. And usually it also are ad hoc contributions that I make.

	It's fine - we'll do an informal discussion on it - you can present
your concerns, I'll present some of mine, Rainer his, anyone else their
own - and we can try to synthesis them into something meaningful :-) and
all in 30 minutes ...

> If people are glad with some general overview and points at the QA and
> the dev side that need consideration and at best some harmonisation
> (apart from the extra hands that are welcome of course) ... well, OK.
> But then Rainer would be at least as good as me for that?

	I'm not sure Rainer is coming (though I hope I'm wrong of course !)

> So what do you think?

	This is your chance to discuss this, you've been concerned about it for
a while, and we havn't managed to get to it. I'd really like to
understand your concerns in detail, and perhaps others have similar /
diverging views. I'm sure it is valuable.

	HTH,

		Michael.