[Libreoffice] --enable-pch

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Oct 17 08:07:58 PDT 2011

> but that was before removetooltypes, right?

sure, and much of the problem was the relatively mechanically fixable
Reference thing. But there was just so much of it, and if I recall
correctly, then in some modules a lot of source files did not have the
usual PCH-related boiletplate stuff, etc. So I just didn't have time
then to fiddle with it any more.

The MSVC build is error-prone enough already, do we really want to add
one more dimension of complexity with supporting both --enable-pch and
--disable-pch? Making it --enable-werror and --enable-dbgutil capable
has been quite enough hard...

>> so we don't use makedepend any more?

Not in gbuidified modules.

> perhaps it is possible to use both showIncludes and PCH

Have time to experiment?

--tml