[Libreoffice] Instruction to develop extensions

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Oct 19 01:53:28 PDT 2011

Hi Nicholas,

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 22:57 +0200, Andreas Mantke wrote:
> Nicholas wrote:
> > I have experience in Java, PHP and C. Please advice how I can
> > get started to create LibreOffice extensions and if there are
> > any mentors available.

	I suspect this very much depends on what you want to do :-) What sort
of functionality do you want to provide with an extension ? often the
best, quickest, cleanest, smallest and easiest way is to do that as part
of the core product; or to do part of it in the core - adding new
extension points as you do that.

	So - can you expand on what you want to do ? in the meantime getting a
build would be a good idea (easiest on Linux), instructions here:

	http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/

	All the best,

		Michael.