[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] String::CompareIngoreCaseToAscii

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:26:59 PDT 2011

Hello Michael, August,

2011/10/21 Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com>:
> Hi August,
>
> On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 08:50 -0400, August Sodora wrote:
>> Thanks to all for being so patient with me! Would it be worthwhile to
>> continue working on the mess that is scanner/tokenizer/parser (why do
>> they inherit from eachother?!) in basic? I'm also curious about VBA
>> support and whether there exists a grammar or similar documentation
>> for the StarBASIC language.
>
>        Well - of course, it'd be nice to have some more complex tests of
> StarBasic (and VBA) macros, potentially loaded from .bas files inside a
> unit test.
>
>        Noel - do you have any really nasty syntax / built-in basic
> functionality corner cases embedded into xls files that could be
> extracted and turned into compile-time unit tests in basic/ ?
>
>        Otherwise digging out some more easy hacks to play with :-) If you love
> basic then - trying to compile and execute macros that are > 64k long
> (do we have a regression test for that?) might be a good idea - I
> imagine many limits are still in-place there. Converting more code from
> the String -> OUString types is probably worthwhile.

I think we need to seperate basic tests a bit. Unit test like the
newly integrated one should and can be in basic but all tests that
should execute a macro need to move a bit later in the build, like sc
or sw. There we have all needed modules and we have already a concept
that should work fine. The advantage of these tests is that all
dependency problems we have for executing "useful" macros are solved.

StarBasic tests should already work and I'm working on VBA tests to
make them more usefull. If you want you can have a look and maybe add
some useful tests there.

But keep up your good work. Every added test is a win.

Markus