[Libreoffice] (real) Windows build, needs help.

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.com
Fri Oct 28 18:16:44 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 11:49 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:

> > If there is an idea in the crowd what can be the problem, a patch will
> > be integrated swiftly.
>
> No idea at the moment.  I'm on to fixing another bug at the moment, but
> I may poke at this later if no one else hasn't by that time.

So, Bjoern and I took another look at that right before he left for
Orlando.  Here is what we found out.

1) building desktop with a single process (i.e. make -sr) succeeds.

2) building desktop with 4 processes (i.e. make -sr -j4) fails.

3) those manifest files are generated by desktop (so it's not because of
failed module dependency).

4) cd desktop && make clean doesn't remove those *.manifest files from
solver.

Based on this, he came up with a quick patch for me to test.  But
unfortunately his test patch didn't solve it for me (and he left for
Orlando).

Anyway, that's where we are at the moment.  At least we now know that
this is just a parallel build issue with the desktop module, which fails
to generate soffice_bin.exe.manifest before it is referenced.

The current workaround is, when your build fails in desktop, build the
desktop module single-process, then build the whole thing again.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc