[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] new BUG 36594

Eike Rathke ooo at erack.de
Fri Sep 2 17:53:58 PDT 2011

Hi Jenei,

On Saturday, 2011-09-03 01:45:24 +0200, Jenei Gábor wrote:

> Nice job Eike, but multi-line comment was not necesary, as HSQL
> doesn't handle them, and I am even not sure if other DB systems
> support this type of comment.

Well, multi-line was the simple approach until a closing "*/" is found,
more checks would be needed to detect them. MySQL supports them,
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/comments.html and also others.
Seen there even a '#' character denotes a comment, so maybe that could
be added as well. And then there is "/*! MySQL-specific code */", and
elsewhere I've also seen braces "{...}" being mentioned for comments,
seems to be quite some jungle.. I'm not sure how different backends are
handled in Base, whether they all go through the same parser or not, so
this might need some further attention.

  Eike