[Libreoffice] Usefulness of --enable-dbgutil

Michael Stahl mst at openoffice.org
Wed Sep 14 08:51:11 PDT 2011

On 14.09.2011 17:21, Fridrich Strba wrote:
> Hello, Michael,
>
> On 14/09/11 16:57, Michael Stahl wrote:
>> in OOo, --enable-dbgutil enables DBG_ASSERT and the STL debug mode,
>> linking against stlport_debug (on platforms where STLport is used).
>
> Just for the record, nothing in LO links against stlport anymore. If
> stlport is built and distributed it is only because there might be
> extensions using stlport and we don't want them to have undefined
> symbols and missing dlls. But we use by default the MSVC C++ runtime on
> windows, the libstdc++ on linux and we cannot care less about Solaris :)

ah ok, getting rid of STLport is a good idea in general.

i've looked a bit at the documentation of libstdc++, and it seems to
have a STL debug mode as well:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/bk01pt03ch17s03.html

but currently LO doesn't seem to use it (couldn't find
-D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG); why is that?

OOo on non-STLport platforms didn't seem to use it either.

regards,
 michael

--
"UTF-16 is the devil's work." -- Robert O'Callahan