[Libreoffice] Usefulness of --enable-dbgutil

Fridrich Strba fridrich.strba at graduateinstitute.ch
Wed Sep 14 08:21:55 PDT 2011

Hello, Michael,

On 14/09/11 16:57, Michael Stahl wrote:
> in OOo, --enable-dbgutil enables DBG_ASSERT and the STL debug mode,
> linking against stlport_debug (on platforms where STLport is used).

Just for the record, nothing in LO links against stlport anymore. If
stlport is built and distributed it is only because there might be
extensions using stlport and we don't want them to have undefined
symbols and missing dlls. But we use by default the MSVC C++ runtime on
windows, the libstdc++ on linux and we cannot care less about Solaris :)

F.