[Libreoffice] gbuildized xml2cmp breaks Windows

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 03:10:28 PDT 2011

On 09/15/2011 11:13 AM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> OK, clearly the time now has come to get rid of uwinapi completely.
> Our uwinapi.dll only contains four functions nowadays: snprintf,
> snwprintf, vsnprintf and vsnwprintf. We should move those to sal or
> something. And for those pesky binary extensions that might want an
> ABI stable uwinapi.dll, let's just keep around one from 3.3 or 3.2
> times and include it in the installer.

But instead of moving those functions to, say, sal, why not keep them in
a library called uwinapi.dll?  And do the clean-up of not including that
library implicitly in every linker call on Windows (i.e., remove it from
gb_STDLIBS and old STD{LIB,SHL}{GUI,CUI}MT), but explicitly in only
those that actually use it.

(A drawback of moving those functions to sal is that it could easily
lead us into a similar situation in the future as we have today.  If,
for example, Windows one day will make conforming versions of those
functions available and we would like to remove them from our code base,
external code more-or-less accidentally binding against the versions
from sal might give us a hard time removing them again.)

-Stephan