[Libreoffice] Proposal: slowcheck -- some numbers for sc

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Sep 21 03:28:16 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 09:50 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> So I've now added a timer listener to our cppunit launcher to tell us
> how long each test takes[1] and indeed it takes about 70ms to load a
> .xls, 370ms for an equivalent .ods and about 500ms(?!) for an
> equivalent .xlsx

	Ooh :-) pretty numbers indeed, how can I reproduce them ? I notice they
didn't go to the console (which is a shame), and couldn't see them in
the sc_filters_test.log file either (oddly).

> In an ideal world I imagine the best spent effort would be on improving
> the import speed for .ods and .xlsx, seeing as that improves the
> real-world case too.

	Agreed. Assuming that the files are of equivalent on-disk size, it's
amusing that the old code is fastest and the newest slowest. It'd be
really interesting to get a callgrind trace of ods / xlsx loading.

	Hey ho,

		Michael.