[Libreoffice] [REVIEW 3-4] fdo#39510 crash on closing document with footnotes

Mathias Bauer Mathias_Bauer at gmx.net
Fri Sep 23 15:36:07 PDT 2011

Am 23.09.2011 01:23, schrieb Bjoern Michaelsen:

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 19:12:38 +0200
> Michael Stahl <mst at openoffice.org> wrote:
>> is this the kind of crash that was introduced by mba's layout
>> refactoring (moving the layout from the model to the view) that went
>> into one of the last DEV300 milestones?
> Likely.
>>
>> i think the workaround for OOo 3.4 was this:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1172362&view=rev
>> wonder what Oliver and Mathias had in mind as the proper fix...
> Given that that would work only by luck (and a good dose of evil
> IsInDtor() sprayed in), I would consider it better to fix this like I
> did. (Although: If more such gremlins pop up we should make that
> SwDoc/SwRootFrm one janusfaced object to rule them all on the -3-4
> branch again).

Your fix might help for the footnote case, but there is no guarantee
that there are not more complex layouts that suffer from the same
problem. Really, the layout is a complete mess, at least from an
architectural POV. There is no clear relationship and ownership between
objects. That might work better in a world with garbage collection, but
in the ugly world of pointers this is the road to hell.

So yes, your fix looks better in the first place, but it still contains
some risk. Choose what you like more.

Regards,
Mathias