[Libreoffice] --enable-werror

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Sep 26 02:22:29 PDT 2011

Hi Stephan,

On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 08:41 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Just a friendly reminder that all developers should use --enable-werror
> all the time.

	This is a nice idea of course :-) but some platforms spew errors
constantly beyond the control of the developer. IMHO it is best to leave
this to people that are truly neurotic, and (of course) to try to not
generate new warnings.

> It helps yourself (you find potential errors early), your fellow
> developers (they don't need to fix your warnings for you), and our users
> (via a more stable product).

	Sure - it'd be ideal; anyhow - help much appreciate on my favorite
warning (of which I have several (tens?) of thousand when compiling):

In file included
from /data/opt/libreoffice/core/sw/source/core/doc/docfly.cxx:66:0:
/data/opt/libreoffice/core/sw/source/core/inc/UndoAttribute.hxx:209:38:
warning: 'auto_ptr' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/c
++/4.5/backward/auto_ptr.h:86)

	ATB,

		Michael.