[Libreoffice] --enable-werror

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 03:04:02 PDT 2011

On 09/26/2011 11:22 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 08:41 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> Just a friendly reminder that all developers should use --enable-werror
>> all the time.
>
> 	This is a nice idea of course :-) but some platforms spew errors
> constantly beyond the control of the developer. IMHO it is best to leave
> this to people that are truly neurotic, and (of course) to try to not
> generate new warnings.

You mean, you let
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0b24bd7a6ec714c74795cf417e35bd036303f3b9>
"hide a WaE... should be fixed properly when the issue is understood"
through just because you think you can live without this helpful
--enable-werror stuff?  Hm.

>> It helps yourself (you find potential errors early), your fellow
>> developers (they don't need to fix your warnings for you), and our users
>> (via a more stable product).
>
> 	Sure - it'd be ideal; anyhow - help much appreciate on my favorite
> warning (of which I have several (tens?) of thousand when compiling):
>
> In file included
> from /data/opt/libreoffice/core/sw/source/core/doc/docfly.cxx:66:0:
> /data/opt/libreoffice/core/sw/source/core/inc/UndoAttribute.hxx:209:38:
> warning: 'auto_ptr' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/c
> ++/4.5/backward/auto_ptr.h:86)

Caolán already addressed that, didn't he?

-Stephan