Need help in UNO

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 02:20:11 PDT 2012

On 02/04/12 23:11, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 08:20:18PM +0200, Dézsi Szabolcs <dezsiszabi at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Not sure if you noticed that the RotationDescriptor service is
>>> deprecated, just in case you plan to spend too much time on it. ;)
>>

>> Yes, I noticed it, I think I have to use Transformation (?).
>>
>> This is just a test to see if I can do it with RotateAngle (like in extension), after that I can use Transformation (I hope).
>
> Hi Szabolcs,
>
> Indeed, which API you use is irrelevant at the moment. :)
>
> Seems your problem is that the extension first converts the picture
> frame (SwXTextGraphicObject) to an SwXShape (you can see the position of
> the shape is changed - though probably that's an accident), and then it
> sets the RotationAngle property, since that object will have that
> property then.
>
> Check how that conversion is done in the extension, then you can do
> something similar in SwGrfShell::Execute().

uhm... i'm not that familiar with drawing layer stuff, but there are 2
different kinds of images in Writer, one is directly implemented in
Writer, and the other is from svx/drawing objects (and thus works the
same way in all applications).  each of these 2 different kinds of
images has features that the other lacks, so if your plan is to convert
from one to the other in order to get the ability to rotate then there
is a real chance that this will break some existing use-case, and i
don't really think adding this to the default LO UI makes sense.

the real solution for this would be to add the missing functionality to
the svx drawing objects and then remove the Writer specific images.
AFAIK Armin and Oliver-Rainer actually did substantial work in that
direction in some OOo CWS, but alas they have had to waste their time
removing features whose license their new employer doesn't like from
ApacheOO during the last year...