[Libreoffice] GSoC 2012 - Improving Impress svg export filter

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Wed Apr 4 06:16:06 PDT 2012

Marco Cecchetti wrote:
> Week 1, 2, 3
>   Task 1 - Porting the part of the Impress animation engine
>            responsible for slide transitions and providing
>            support at least for the following basic slide
>            transitions:
>              Wipe up, down, left, right
>              Push up, down, left, right
>              Fade Through Black
>              Fade Smoothly

Hi Marco,

really glad to see you back - your CV is impressive, wrt the project
plan - the above can IMO be done quicker, all those slide
transitions are mostly coded individually - so if you can do wipe
up, the other wipes, and push, are like 3 extra hours of work or so.

> Week 4, 5
>   Task 2 - Implement support for repeated animations
>   Task 3 - Implement support for rewinded animations

Those two are not exactly working correctly even in the c++
implementation - fixes there greatly appreciated. I would not mind
to extend these subtasks to multiple weeks. ;)

>   Task 4 - Provide the possibility to go backward of one
>            single effect.

Spend a week or two on that as well. And we should roll back any
smart idea for the state machine there into c++ land then. :)

> Week 6, 7
>   Buffer - Spread from the GSoC start to the mid-term period

Good.

> Week 8, 9
>   Task 5 - New text export implementation that provides better
>            support for text search engines
>
> Week 10, 11
>   Task 6 - Provide support for text animations
>   Task 7 - Export embedded svg pictures in a transparent way
>
> Week 12, 13
>   Buffer - Spread from the mid-term period to the GSoC end.

Yeah, this is alright

> Optional task:
>   Use svg native gradients whenever possible.

I would love that!

So - go ahead with submission. We can always tweak it, even inside
melange.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten