librO python & ssl support

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 06:39:26 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 11:28 +0200, Laurent Godard wrote:
> $ /opt/libreoffice3.5/program/python
> Python 2.6.1 (r261:67515, Mar  5 2012, 18:19:36)
> [GCC 4.2.4] on linux2
>  >>> import ssl
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>    File "/opt/libreoffice3.5/program/python-core-2.6.1/lib/ssl.py", line
> 60, in <module>
>      import _ssl             # if we can't import it, let the error
> propagate
> ImportError: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory

It seems our problem here is that our internal python links against the
system openssl, and its an old version on the build infrastructure.

We should probably be tweaking the python build to find the headers and
(static) library of our internal openssl, e.g. see libxslt/makefile.mk
(and others) and SOLARINCDIR/SOLARLIBDIR, there we point the build to
our internal libs.

result should be that the _ssl.so no longer links to the doesn't exist
libssl.so.4, i.e.

ldd basis-link/program/python-core-2.6.1/lib/lib-dynload/_ssl.so
no longer lists libssl.so.4 and libcrypto.so.4

We ship the equivalents of these under windows, so that platform is
unaffected. --with-system-python would be unaffected as well.

C.