Fwd: Bug 38276 - EasyHack: Make the toolbar menu easier

iain billett iainbillett at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 06:28:04 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: iain billett <iainbillett at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Subject: Re: Bug 38276 - EasyHack: Make the toolbar menu easier
To: Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi>

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:

> Iain, this is a bit different approach from the one you first sent me
> privately, but I guess this is simpler and works as well?

Yeah, sorry, I realised that by disabling the obsolete items then removing
all disabled items I was removing any other disabled items which were
clipped out too. That wasn't appropriate so I went for another approach,
removing them directly. I probably should have ran that by you before
posting.

> One question, though: Are you sure that the menu from which you are
> removing those items isn't used somewhere else, too, where the removed
> items are supposed to still be present?

I was pretty sure until I realised that I miss-read what I was supposed to
do. I thought I was supposed to remove the items from the right-click menu
too but that isn't the case. It's kind of hard to see how I miss read that.
I was a little too eager, I guess.