what exactly needs localedata_en library ?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 09:44:27 PDT 2012

On 04/11/2012 05:17 PM, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> I was investigating which dependency is missing for sometimes failing
> i18npool_test_breakiterator and it is localedata_en.
>
> The dependency was often explicitly written in sc's makefiles (but
> i18npool is not yet in tail_build, so not needed) and I think:
> gb_CppunitTest_use_ure,foo =>  foo requires localedata_en
> is true, so I created attached patch where the dependency is moved to
> gb_CppunitTest_use_ure definition.
> But I don't know if also the other implication is true:
> gb_CppunitTest_use_ure,foo<= foo requires localedata_en
>
> I did not push yet but if no one is against I will do so soon because
> it is safe and maybe also the right thing to do ?

Safe: at least as long as people do not want to use the other features
of gb_CppunitTest_use_ure (like specifying UNO_TYPES and UNO_SERVICES)
in a test that should be runnable before i18npool is built.

The right thing: probably not.  Rather, a consequence of too fat (unit)
test dependencies hidden with a sledgehammer.  At any rate, it makes
gb_CppunitTest_use_ure even more of a misnomer.

That said, probably a sufficiently pragmatic solution, anyway.  ;)

Stephan