Automatic using ::rtl::OUString etc.

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Apr 12 06:59:15 PDT 2012

 Hello,

 would somebody see a problem with this?

sal/inc/rtl/ustring.hxx :
+#ifdef RTL_AUTOMATIC_USING
+using ::rtl::OUString;
+using ::rtl::OStringToOUString;
+using ::rtl::OUStringToOString;
+#endif

 I seriously doubt there will ever be any O(U)String anywhere in LO build that
will not be the rtl one, so the need to explicitly qualify it with the rtl
namespace (or go with using, which is what many files do) seem to be just an
unnecessary hassle. So I'd like to do this change for those few commonly used
rtl types which are in practice namespaced by the name itself (i.e. not the
problematic rtl::Reference), and then build all of LO
with -DRTL_AUTOMATIC_USING.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz