[Libreoffice-commits] .: writerfilter/source

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 00:41:07 PDT 2012

On 04/18/2012 03:25 AM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Lubos Lunak<l.lunak at suse.cz>  wrote:
>> On Tuesday 17 of April 2012, CaolXXn McNamara wrote:
>>>   writerfilter/source/dmapper/GraphicHelpers.cxx |    4 ++--
>>>   1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
>>>
>>> New commits:
>>> commit b92de73fdd81acc5fdb92005af34b3ce9f8ed37b
>>> Author: Caolán McNamara<caolanm at redhat.com>
>>> Date:   Tue Apr 17 20:11:20 2012 +0100
>>>
>>>      WaE: MacOSX itemZOrder may be unused uninitialized
>>
>>   Weeeell, that's clearly not true, and recent gcc version does not warn there.
>
>   >>= can throw right ? so itemZOrder may not be initialized indeed. no ?

No.  Neither can >>= throw, nor would it lead to itemZOrder being used
uninitialized if it could.

However, this false warning of old GCC versions is well-known in the LO
code base, taken care of with work-arounds similar to this one already
at lots of places.  I'd too suggest to keep adding the occasional
additional instance of that trivial work-around instead of forcing Mac
OS X to --disable-werror.

Stephan