Windows - Embed Server et al.

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Apr 19 03:28:46 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 11:26 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > It looks like the ActiveX control was intended to allow embedding of LO
> > inside InternetExplorer.
>
> And *my* opinion is that such embedding opens up a horrible Pandora's
> box of potential problems that we don't really have enough people to

	It is also used in Groupwise for editing mail. One item in the
Pandora's box is that 'framework' insists on storing your toolbar state
and applying it to all windows. So if the user turns the gallery on in
their top-level document window, it busts the E-mail editor :-) The
E-mail editor tries to hide ~all the formatting toolbars, which busts
the top-level document editing.

	It'd be really wonderful to have a fix for that - to make the ActiveX
control independent of the framework madness trying to serialize it's
settings everywhere. I don't really see removing it as an option though.

	HTH,

		Michael.