Windows - Embed Server et al.

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Apr 19 01:26:20 PDT 2012

> It looks like the ActiveX control was intended to allow embedding of LO
> inside InternetExplorer.

And *my* opinion is that such embedding opens up a horrible Pandora's
box of potential problems that we don't really have enough people to
solve, and thus we really should try to kill this monster of a
feature. (That's why I added the --disable-activex-component switch
years ago; however it is unclear to me if it actually has the intended
effect any more (if it ever had).)

However, if you Mat, or somebody else, feels they want to become the
expert in these ActiveX/OLE/etc matters, then I guess we should keep
the possibility;)

--tml