[Libreoffice] Mac OSX daily build 26/10/2011 - Base Report Builder, Beanshell, and Javascript extensions disabled

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 06:12:49 PDT 2012

On 04/24/2012 01:49 PM, Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai wrote:
> On 04/23/2012 05:13 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> On 04/08/2012 11:38 AM, Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai wrote:
>>> Finally I get managed to release a new bugfix/feature version. Now it is
>>> working under LibO 3.4 and 3.5. Can you test it then cherry-pick it to
>>> 3.4 and3.5 branches?
>>
>> Version 1.3.5 of the Barcode extension (as now included in LO -3-5 and
>> master repos) is still broken.  Its META-INF/manifest.xml still claims
>> the included barcode-loader.py is an old-style (i.e.,
>> active-registration) component
>> ("application/vnd.sun.star.uno-component;type=Python"), but
>> barcode-loader.py still has no writeRegistryInfo.
> However we are using old style active registration, we got
> writeRegistryInfo method in extensioncore.py:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kami911/eoec/barcode-improved/view/head:/examples/Barcode/barcode/extensioncore.py
>
> The fix what we needed is:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kami911/eoec/barcode-improved/revision/60

Again:  The above is apparently in the Barcode extension as currently
built on LO master and -3-5 (when --enable-ext-barcode), but it does not
work, at least not for my builds.  They output

> Python exception: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'module' object has no attribute 'writeRegistryInfo', traceback follows
>   /data/lo/core/solver/unxlngx6/installation/opt/program/pythonloader.py:158 in function writeRegistryInfo() [return mod.writeRegistryInfo( self.ctx.ServiceManager, regKey )]
>

> warn:basic:30085:1:/data/lo/core/desktop/source/deployment/registry/dp_backend.cxx:682: unexpected RuntimeException "<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'module' object has no attribute 'writeRegistryInfo', traceback follows
>   /data/lo/core/solver/unxlngx6/installation/opt/program/pythonloader.py:158 in function writeRegistryInfo() [return mod.writeRegistryInfo( self.ctx.ServiceManager, regKey )]
>
> "

to stderr on first start and in Extension Manager the Barcode 1.3.5.0
extension is marked as "Error: The status of this extension is unknown."

> Is it okay, or active registration should be avoided in the future?

Active registration is still supported for the time being, but that will
likely change in the future (most probably for LO 4).

Stephan