Dictionaries & stuff

Tomáš Chvátal tomas.chvatal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 06:51:43 PDT 2012

2012/4/25 Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com>:

> True. I maintain (a little out of date) a matrix of what's available
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org/LinguisticComponents
> Some stuff is only available as firefox/thunderbird etc extensions
> although they use hunspell as well. Some stuff (IIRC) has either *no*
> license, or licenses which might make them unsuitable for bundling into
> Fedora and so on. Some scripting of the Fedora source repository to pull
> out the URL/Source lines from all of those packages .spec files might be
> of some use to you to bootstrap the "homes" of those dictionaries, etc.

That is a really good page you set up there. It ease some of my
painfull searches.
And also it fixes the myspell issue i have on gentoo by just plainly
using what you guys have in fedora :)
(also I guess rene will be also happy if he manages dicts in debian too :P)

So do you think it is worth the efforts to consolidate the stuff? Or
is it waste of time?

What I think we could do:
Provide some simple wiki page with links to latest versions + git.

If we would generate along .oxt even .xcu extensions we could snatch
at least the firefox lads.

It would improve overall status in all distros as I am not aware of
any that would use the dictionaries provided by applications.

And in the end it would improve the libreoffice released pack, because
we would always provide up-to-date dict stuff. :)

Cheers

Tom