[PUSHED]fdo#53002:Turkish Default Currency to be changed YTL to TL

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 08:23:18 PDT 2012

Hi Efe,

On Thursday, 2012-08-02 00:05:29 +0300, Efe Gürkan YALAMAN wrote:

> The currency for Turkish was TRL TL since 2005. After that the currency was
> TRY YTL since 2009. Current currency is TRY TL.
> I changed default currency to TRY TL for Turkish. There is two patches
> because I could not decide whether to delete TRY YTL.

Thanks for the patches.

The first where you added another currency entry goes into the right
direction, but there's an error

Error: CurrencySymbol "YTL" flagged as usedInCompatibleFormatCodes doesn't match "TL" determined from format codes.
Error: Currency: more than one currency flagged as usedInCompatibleFormatCodes.

The entry used in the format codes usually stays the same, the number
formatter exchanges symbols in the format codes, but since the older
symbol is now reused it would duplicate the list of formats. I fixed
that, and since the ISO 4217 code TRY actually stays the same and only
the currency symbol changes another attribute legacyOnly="true" is
needed to correctly load documents using the old currency symbol and not
offer it in the dialog otherwise. Using legacyOnly="true" on the old TL
entry and makeing the new one default prevents duplication of the
currency formats.

Much of weird stuff happens if some organizations decide to reuse
symbols ;-)

> There is also a new currency sign for Turkish Lira. The sign can be
> implemented later.

I would had preferred if we could had added it now, as we're on it
anyway and for changing the symbol again later we would have to
introduce yet another entry and declare the current as legacy, but the
new Unicode code point U+20BA assigned to the symbol isn't in yet and
won't be displayed properly by systems (it is some generic "₺" currency
symbol now) so we'll have to do that later, see also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_lira_sign

I commited your patch as d09b4e30d7e87f181fa3913e81c6d38c04a8f5f8

and my follow-up changes cb7c34f3bcd4df7a67f1a9d31b3bf849af4f79e4

(sorry, the fdo machine where cgit runs on is currently down, otherwise
I'd give you browsable URLs)

Btw, please configure your git to use a correct email address, in the
patch I changed <efe at efe-HP-Ubuntu.(none)> to <efeyalaman at gmail.com>

git config --global user.email efeyalaman at gmail.com

As a convention, if a patch fixes a bug we also mention fdo#... in the
commit summary to have a patch assigned to a bug, in this case
fdo#53002, I added that in the commit.

Last but not least, apparently we don't have your license statement on
file, https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers

Could you please send a mail to the mailing list with a blanket
statement that you contribute this and further patches under LGPLv3+ and
MPL 1.1 licenses?

Thanks
  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD