Help Locating Base Code

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:24:24 PDT 2012

Thanks to both of you. I have tried the gdb method before and honestly, for
a new programmer, our directions aren't the best on the wiki. I am yet to
successfully make progress but I am going to figure it out this time around
since it seems like that's what is needed. Usually I just grep the label
for something I am search for and then backtrack from there, seeing where
it is used and how and sooner or later I find the code that I'm looking
for. In this case Lionel is right, both the "..." and the "pictures" labels
are both so generic that they are useless for tracking down the code. Also
it seems like these dialogs are a bit complex (seems like they could be
simplified but that's probably for another day ;) ). So my next question is
two fold...

1. For getting a bit more in depth instructions, is it best to ask here or
in IRC? I believe (almost positive) that my Libo is installed with symbols
enabled, so I want to try to do the gdb method but need kind of a complete
breakdown of what to do (I believe it's only a few steps).

2. If the best place to ask is here, could someone be kind enough to write
out the few steps?

Again thank you for all of your patience. I feel like I'm starting to get a
grasp on the code :)

Joel