[GSoC 2012][Collaboration] brief status

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 08:51:37 PDT 2012

Hi Matúš,

On Tuesday, 2012-08-07 13:02:43 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:

> timeline-wise we are approaching the end but the code does not do that
> much still.
> Anyway, I've killed INTERCEPT=demo mode. Now you can click
> startDemoSession in contacts dialog if you want.
> It should even work better.

Matúš you're a hero :)  Now if I only had found time to build and try
that myself already..

> I am also doing re-factoring changes though I am not always 100% sure
> they are good.
> And also when we are collaborating and either we or the other side
> gets offline, message is printed in the terminal and the mode is
> switched back to normal.

Wow! That's great! How do you detect offline?

> I did not know what else to do, clearly UI is not my strong side.

Mine neither.. but I think a simple popup to notify the user in this
important situation is justified. Something like "Contact Foo Bar lost,
you'll now be working locally on document XYZ."

Do we distinguish between 1-to-1 and MUC collaboration in the loosing
contact scenario?

> In the original proposal there was 'Context-sensitive Collaboration side-bar'.
> If I should work on that, it's now or never (during GSoC), maybe it's
> already too late.

Hum.. I don't remember what exactly we could had meant with that..
anyhow, sounds like more than 2 weeks work.

> Or maybe I could work on 'Live updated presence indicators in calc'
> Or probably you have better ideas.

This sounds feasible, and could be done in a Calc independent manner.

> I am still continuing with re-factoring changes and also I plan to
> touch the unit test once more.

Great.

Thanks
  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD