Will be working on generic XML import

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 08:15:41 PDT 2012

Hi there,

This is just to let you guys know that, I'll be gearing up to work on
generic XML import and export in the next few weeks, and probably more.
  I mentioned this briefly in the blog I wrote yesterday:

http://kohei.us/2012/08/08/orcus-integration-into-libreoffice/

The plan is to do the implementation in the orcus library, and implement
callbacks in LibreOffice proper.

The core of the feature involves enabling import and export of generic
XML which relies on a separate schema file to define the structure of
the content.  I will set up a good amount of test harness for this in
the orcus library in order to keep the amount of filter test low in the
libreoffice build while maintaining a healthy amount of testing for this
new filter.

The specifics of the feature, especially on the UI side, is yet to be
decided, and for now, I will focus on the backend loading portion of the
work.

All the best,

Kohei

--