[bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com: [URGENT] LibreOffice freedesktop -> gerrit switchover]

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Aug 9 09:02:19 PDT 2012

Hi developers,

you should all have received the mail below (with your data). If not, please
send us a email about it to:

 gerrit at otrs.documentfoundation.org

Best,

Bjoern

----- Forwarded message from bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com -----

Date: Thu,  9 Aug 2012 17:46:21 +0200 (CEST)
From: bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
To: bmichaelsen at kemper.freedesktop.org
Subject: [URGENT] LibreOffice freedesktop -> gerrit switchover

Hi Bjoern Michaelsen,

We're contacting you because you are a core developer /
committer to LibreOffice, and it is important to us to ensure that you
keep those commit rights. Unfortunately that will take two minutes of
your time to do some book-keeping, please can you help us with that ?

We're migrating our git repository to gerrit for many good
reasons you can read here:

 http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/8/85/Crowdsourcing_code_reviews.odp

To ensure that your commit access is transferred we need, at a minimum you to:

1. login to https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/ with OpenID(*) once
2. set your user name, either your IRC nick, or 'bmichaelsen'
    is fine in the "Profile"
3. add your email address 'bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com'
    under "contact information"
4. up-load your ssh public key (as for freedesktop) - usually
    these are in ~/.ssh and end '.pub'
    correct this data if it is wrong:

Freedesktop account: bmichaelsen
Email address used on git: bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com

6. We'll enable your account as a direct committer when we get that.

See

 https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit/setup

for details on how to migrate your ssh config. You might want to
continue the last steps as described there to ensure with './logerrit test'
that everything is working fine for you.

The default push location for LibreOffice will change on
August 15th, 2012 from freedesktop.org to this new gerrit instance. There are
exciting new (optional) review flows if you choose to use them, but you
can continue committing to master as before.

If there is any trouble with the above do not hesitate to drop us an email at:
   gerrit at otrs.documentfoundation.org

Finally - thank you for your contribution to LibreOffice !

Best wishes,

  Bjoern, Norbert, David, Robert

(*) You most likely already have an OpenID. Providers include:
    google, yahoo, blogger, launchpad, flickr, wordpress, myspace

P.S.: Note that the email address you add has to be the one you use for git. If
we suggest a freedesktop email here, we failed to map you to any other git
account and you likely need to send us a correction.

----- End forwarded message -----