Build LO for Android on Mac OS 10.8

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Fri Aug 10 06:13:24 PDT 2012

The root cause to your problem is that you are building the MacOSX
build-time software as 64-bit code, and LO (including the build-time
tools that it builds in order to use them later during the build)
needs to be built as 32-bit code on the Mac. (And Windows, BTW. It's
only for Linux that LO can be built as 64-bit code. Which is a bit
sad, but not really a crucial misfeature;)

I see that you have your Xcode 4 in /Developer/Applications/Xcode.app,
is that just a personal preference of yours, or is there some common
situation in which Xcode ends up in such a location? (I assume the
normal one is /Applications/Xcode.app.)

Anyway, just add -m32 to the CC_FOR_BUILD and CXX_FOR_BUILD to
indicate that 32-bit code should be produced. Or, since last night,
you should be able to drop the CC_FOR_BUILD and CXX_FOR_BUILD settings
from your autogen.lastrun, the intent is now that the configure script
should then find out automatically which Xcode and SDK to use and
which compiler. I hope that it will work also for you even if you use
that /Developer/Applications path, as long as xcode-select and xcrun
are still in /usr/bin for you, are they?

--tml