gstreamer-1.0 support ...

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 08:21:21 PDT 2012

On 13/08/12 16:55, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	For the generic linux build we prolly want to ship both of these
> backends for a while - we should fall-back through them activating first
> gst-1.0 then gst-0.10.
>
> 	Having said that IIRC there is no gstreamer-1.0 release yet, and the
> 1.0 code-paths are rather un-tested [ help appreciated ], but the
> fall-back 0.10 paths seem to continue to work nicely for me.

uhm... considering that this newfangled thing isn't even released yet, i
would prefer (for now) to default to 0.10 and fall back to 1.0 in any
generic binary builds; we can always switch the default to 1.0 for the
next release once we have some experiences and know there aren't any
serious problems.