Missing ICU Library

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 02:37:49 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 22:51 +0200, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
> Yes, I followed the instructions there.
> I already had a successful build, but that was last year and on an older
> Ubuntu version.

Are you building from scratch (i.e. after a make clean) or incrementally
inside last years build ? If the second it might be necessary to do a
make clean after this length of time and try again.

> I am compiling from master, pulled yesterday.
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_build/Configure_options
> On this page I saw a configure option '--with-system-icu'. Is there an
> option to use the internal icu?

There is, but while --with-system-icu should work, you'd definitely have
to do a make clean before using different --with-system options.
Typically just ./autogen.sh && make is the recommended approach.

C.