Missing ICU Library

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Aug 14 02:43:31 PDT 2012

Hi Samuel,

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 22:51 +0200, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
> Yes, I followed the instructions there.
> I already had a successful build, but that was last year and on an older
> Ubuntu version.

	Ah ! :-) there is always fun when you've updated.

> I am compiling from master, pulled yesterday.
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_build/Configure_options

	So - I wonder if you have all the dependencies installed; you -really-
want to run:

	sudo apt-get build-dep libreoffice

	without that your life will be one long round of suffering ... :-)

> On this page I saw a configure option '--with-system-icu'. Is there an
> option to use the internal icu?

	Sure - just remove the --with-system-icu option and all should be well,
IIRC we default to the internal version.

	HTH :-)

		Michael.