Update.

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Tue Aug 14 03:47:44 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 01:29:55PM +0100, Iain Billett <iainbillett at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've worked out a way of getting reasonable box-shadow around the page
> thumbnails. Ultimately it requires pixel by pixel modification to soften
> the shadow ( It was too dark before ). All the same it doesn't seem too
> slow but currently the thumbnails are small. Currently, the shadow is added
> at runtime as part of the grid adapter but I could just add the shadow to
> the thumbnail? ( This would make it difficult to change once added, unless
> we keep the original also ). I'm really surprised that there is no clean
> way of doing this (that I can see).

Before you reinvent the wheel, the Writer shadow image is at
icon-themes/galaxy/sw/res/page-shadow-mask.png, you could reuse that in
the Android app. (And that's split to top, topright, right, bottomright,
bottom, bottomleft, left and topleft parts runtime, I guess that's more
or less trivial to do in Java.)