[GSOC-UPDATE](14.08) Impress Remote

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Tue Aug 14 12:26:51 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Today's progress
- Added rotated views (involved some refactoring of the presentation
activity to allow for restarts).
- Some touchup on the pairing UI on the android side, minor touchups on
the LibO side.
- Refactoring of the presentation activity/fragments to use Broadcasts
rather than a Messenger (is simpler to manage).

At the moment the app is only Android 4.0+ compatible -- this could be
changed fairly simply to allow use on Android 2+, what I'd need to do is:
- Replace fragments with the compatibility library equivalent (very simple).
- Replace the ActionBar with ActionbarSherlock.

The second involves using an external library (Apache licenced) -- it
needs to be built as an android library project while building the app
-- i.e. you need to download  a tar, extract it, run ant on the
contents, then reference it's directory from our app -- should I add
some sort of automation for this? (Similarly I already need a copy of
the android compatibility library copied into my app before building,
which I would include in this setup script.)

Cheers,

Andrzej