JPEG image opens differently on LibreOffice from on various Microsoft software -- bug or not?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Aug 15 04:35:00 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 10:56 -0700, Brennan T Vincent wrote:
> The JPEG image at http://i47.tinypic.com/29cx4pe.jpg is noticeably
> lighter in LibreOffice (for

	I've seen similar issues with gamma correction information in png files
- which IIRC we ignore on import; cf. http://hsivonen.iki.fi/png-gamma/
etc. I guess as/when we finally get our color-correction story sorted
out properly life will be better but ...

> I don't know if the free programs or the Microsoft programs are right
> about this, so I'm not sure whether to file a bug in LibreOffice, in
> some upstream JPEG library, or not at all. I would appreciate it if
> someone with more knowledge of JPEG could advise. Please let me know
> if I can give you any more information.

	Heh - best of luck finding an answer; I'd be inclined to poke the
libjpeg people or some image-specific eg. ImageMagick guys for some
insight.

	Thanks !

		Michael.