[REVIEW 3-6] [REVIEW 3-5] fdo#46250

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 08:46:17 PDT 2012

On 08/16/2012 11:42 AM, Noel Power wrote:
> On 16/08/12 15:53, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
>> On 08/16/2012 06:31 AM, Noel Power wrote:
>>> please consider cherry-picking
>>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=7bfb229230a439c2edb3e8452fe0d3430f9931ce
>>>

>> I see the point of this change, but...
>>
>> Isn't this a bit too hacky?  I'd rather not add this sort of "are you
>> Calc"? type of check in the framework code, but delegate such
>> app-specific stuff to the application side...
> no, as far as I can tell it is the framework code that is blanket
> ignoring ( if unix ) the state set by the application code ( this code
> here runs 'after' the application specific code ) , the alternative is
> like the comment says to remove this 'hack' when each application
> handles the state properly. Now, it maybe that an alternative solution
> right now is to just remove this 'hack' in the framework code and move
> the 'hack' ( I mean just set the state to enabled in each application if
> platform is linux ) I'm not anymore comfortable with that ordetermining
> if blanket setting those states in those applications ( that I don't
> have much clue about ) is a really good idea anyway. And certainly for
> 3.5/3.6 I would suggest that the approach above is the least risky way
> to do it. But.. open to suggestions

Hi Noel,

I'm with you on this.  I would be okay with this for 3-5 and 3-6.  On
master, though, perhaps we can remove that original hack for all apps
and see how that goes...  And make changes in each app as we see fit.

Let me work on cherry-picking to 3-5 and 3-6 meanwhile...

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc