[REVIEW 3-6] [REVIEW 3-5] fdo#46250

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Thu Aug 16 08:53:41 PDT 2012

On 16/08/12 16:46, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On 08/16/2012 11:42 AM, Noel Power wrote:
>>>>

>>> I see the point of this change, but...
>>>
>>> Isn't this a bit too hacky?  I'd rather not add this sort of "are you
>>> Calc"? type of check in the framework code, but delegate such
>>> app-specific stuff to the application side...
>> no, as far as I can tell it is the framework code that is blanket
>> ignoring ( if unix ) the state set by the application code ( this code
>> here runs 'after' the application specific code ) , the alternative is
>> like the comment says to remove this 'hack' when each application
>> handles the state properly. Now, it maybe that an alternative solution
>> right now is to just remove this 'hack' in the framework code and move
>> the 'hack' ( I mean just set the state to enabled in each application if
>> platform is linux ) I'm not anymore comfortable with that ordetermining
>> if blanket setting those states in those applications ( that I don't
>> have much clue about ) is a really good idea anyway. And certainly for
>> 3.5/3.6 I would suggest that the approach above is the least risky way
>> to do it. But.. open to suggestions
>
> Hi Noel,
>
> I'm with you on this.  I would be okay with this for 3-5 and 3-6. On
> master, though, perhaps we can remove that original hack for all apps
> and see how that goes...  And make changes in each app as we see fit.
ok, let me remove that on master lets just start with removing the logic
entirely for paste-special, I'm not brave enough to do it for paste (
iirc I think you pointed out previously there probably is a good reason
why paste seems to be enabled always on linux ( to match other
applications and perhaps I guess to workaround some other linux
clipboard issues )

and thanks for reviewing :-)

Noel

Noel