Good way of submitting patches

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Aug 17 07:23:41 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 02:22:46PM +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> no need to use some other SW for sending mail, the
> gerrit itself can send good mails without 3rd party processing, from
> what I have seen there.

Well, with gerrit you are somewhat limited to its default usecases (apart from
the mail templates currently not working as expected).

And it seems we would need yet another account for that, as currently:
- You send a patch to gerrit at libreoffice.org
- everyone involved gets a mail about it as usual (good) _except_ the gerritbot
  doing the upload as he ... did the upload and gerrit assumes it kinda knows
  what it is doing.

So we:
1) either set up a different account for the firehose
2) or replicate the mail functionality for patch uploads
3) or use the openstack IRC bot right from the start for the firehose

1) is still a kludge and of limited usability. 2) is just as much work as 3)
and we then have to implementations do the same thing. 3) is clean and easy.

Best,

Bjoern