'load' functions in cpp unittest - are they unused?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 09:33:09 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 23:19 +0700, Korrawit Pruegsanusak wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> While I tried to create unittest with UNO API for fdo#47434 [1], I
> came across a function 'load' defined in
> sd/qa/unit/regression-test.cxx line #80:
>
>     virtual bool load( const rtl::OUString &rFilter, const
> rtl::OUString &rURL, const rtl::OUString &rUserData);
>
> and the function code is defined in line #239-253. Also, opengrok [2]
> showed this 'load' functions *seem* to be unused, because the result
> shown only the function definitions, without function call.

SdFiltersTest inherits from test::FiltersTest and that has a
FiltersTest::testDir which calls recursiveScan which calls the virtual
"load". In this specific case the SdFiltersTest::load isn't being used.
But that's more an oversight and someone should get around to filling a
dir like sw/qa/core/data/ww8 and do the same as SwFiltersTest::testCVEs
for sd

C.